Thursday, March 15, 2007

Heat's Eighth Straight

Being sat to the bench with three fouls for most of the first half didn't sit well with Shaquille O'Neal, and it showed in the second half against the New Jersey Nets.
O'Neal scored 17 of his 19 points in the final two quarters and the Miami Heat won their eighth straight game with a 93-86 win Thursday night.
"I was really upset,'' said O'Neal, who fended off a late Nets run with a basket in the lane with 1:07 to play. "I felt like they tried to limit me, whoever 'they' may be. So I just said to myself third quarter I'm going to come out and do what I do.''
O'Neal had plenty of help as the Heat won for the 16th time in 20 games, and for the ninth time in 11 since
Dwyane Wade went down with a shoulder injury.
The Heat took advantage with a 15-2 spurt that turned a 51-47 deficit into a 62-53 lead on a baby hook by O'Neal, who was 5-for-7 shots in the quarter.
"When he came out in the third quarter he was just committed that he was going to get to the basket, get to the basket, they didn't double him, and we got that post up game going,'' Riley said.
More detail on NBA.COM
Source: NBA.COM

No comments: