Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shooting Tips #1 - Fundamentals

Hi, i think i have not posted in a week because i busied by my exam in college. I have finished it and come back to make some new post. Fuiih... It's really busy in last week, but i still have some time to play basketball. But i just stand alone and throw the ball alone. And i practiced my freethrow and i have improve my freethrow percentage! And i want to find some way to increase my jumping ability. I am 6 feet tall, but i just can touch the ring a little bit. My friend, Eddy, who just 5 ft 10 inch, can dunk the basket easy. I really want to like him... But in this post, i am not ready to post you the dunk tips or dunk training tips because i still not get it yet. Eddy told me that he will lend me the Dunk's training DVD, but i am not meet him yet. I will post the dunk's training secret after i get it... So, in this time, i am trying to write you about shooting. About how to became a good shooter, i am not a greatest shooter in my college but i think i have a proper shooting form, and my coach said that too. But proper form is not enough to became a good shooter, you may have good physic, greatest concentration, and strong arm. Its called fundamental player.

FUNDAMENTALS

  1. For shooting the basketball you must have your entire body in the right position to ensure that you have the greatest chance of making the shot. First you should have your strong arm up and Bent at a 90 degree angle.
  2. Also have your weak arm up along side it as a helper hand. This is a basketball tip OFTEN overlooked.
  3. Then flick your wrist and push your arm up to propel the ball towards the net. The first step for you is to learn these fundamental basketball shooting tips, and then you can move on to the next practices in my next post...

Good Luck...

No comments: