Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Will Celtics select Yi Jianlian?


According to sources of the team and league, Celtics are very interested by the selection of Yi with the fifth choice of Draft of Thursday, if Danny Ainge does not transfer it.

Ainge and the trainer, Doc Rivers looked at involved Yi, 18 days ago, and spoke with the prospective customer.

While Ainge affirms, "There are 30 teams which know exactly which is Yi," the geography, the cultural differences and hostile criticisms of the Chinese basketball conspired to make of Yi a mainly unknown player apart from the international circles and scouts NBA.

"I am ready for the NBA," declared Yi in Mandarin, with the assistance a translator. "If I were not ready for that, I would not be registered in Draft." Yi said.

"When I finished my last match in China, I estimated that I was ready for the NBA and I travelled by the plane to prepare up to now."

"The target was ready and the plan too. Many people made projects. I was one of them." Yi said.

No comments: